Friday, September 15, 2017

Ted's Second Birthday

Hi folks :) Have a lovely commission once a year to make birthday cards for a friend's & friend's daughter's dogs :) They are called Ted and Esmae and are french bulldogs. (They also have Bert who is the pug I make cards for too). In this post I will show you Ted's card and next post I will do Esmae's.



I did a pale line drawing of the two dogs and added text to the topper on the PC and then printed it out. Then I used Gansai Tambi Watercolours to paint the two dogs and included some gold to add highlights.  The font is Neuropolitical.


I mat and layered it onto a brown pearlescent card stock and then a white 17 x 17cm blank.  I scanned my dog painting into the computer, not sure whether I should try and do a good print of it to sell?


I actually did two paintings of it, this one I used less traditional colours  and let the watercolours do more random things! I then scanned this and used it as a background inside the card on the area to write a message. 



2 comments:

  1. its so nice card!
    and painting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are both fabulous Annabel! of course you should sell them as prints! You are such an inspiration!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete